Study Abroad in Europe
ItalySpainFrance EnglandGermanyCzech RepublicSwitzerlandBulgariaMoroccoGreeceCyprus

Our programs

Academic Programs Summer 2024 Housing & Student Life Travel Documents Fees & Deadlines Photo GalleryQuestions & Answers Apply Now

Special programs

TuttoToscana 2024, Special Event Management Program in Florence Italy and NYC
Summer 2019
This specially structured program takes place for 3 weeks of learning in Florence and 1 week of events in New York City. The program focus is event production from the perspectives of event management, communications & public relations, food & wine management, art direction. Final exams are held online in the 5th week. Alternately, NYC event week-only and final exam options are also offered, see below for details.
Academic Summer 2024 Programs
Summer 2019
Apicius International School of Hospitality Summer 2019 Programs. Study Abroad Culinary art, Italian Baking and Pastry or Restaurant Management.
9 Week Graduate Hospitality Apparenticeship in the Restaurant Industry
Summer 2019
Program Details The Summer Post Graduate Apprenticeship program prepares students for supervisory and management positions in the world's largest and fastest growing industry. The Florence experience is a unique opportunity that is open only to a limited number of students who already possess a professional and advanced educational training in the culinary field.

Questions & Answers

APICIUS International School of Hospitality


How do I apply to a program?

You can click on the red “Online Application” button on the upper right corner and start your application. If you would prefer to have Study Abroad Europe mail you an application package, please e-mail or call us to request a packet.

How many students will be at my study abroad course?

Study Abroad Europe school partners are creating true cultural immersion and offer personalized study programs. The number of students in a class varies from campus to campus; usually it is between 10 and 15 students per class.

Can I participate in a program if I have already graduated/am a graduate student?

Yes. We offer graduated management apprenticeship. Please contact the appropriate program manager to see if acceptance is possible. There will most likely be additional requirements for the application process.

My GPA does not meet the minimum requirement. Can I still apply?

 Exceptions may be made to the GPA requirements. An academic letter of recommendation and a statement of intent will be required of any student who does not meet the GPA requirement for most programs. Please contact the appropriate program manager for details. Please note that submitting these items does not guarantee admission to the program.

It is after the application deadline. Can I still apply?
We  may be able to accept applications after the application deadline. Please contact the appropriate program manager to see if this is possible. A $145 late fee will apply.

When are payments due?
Once you have been accepted to a program, a $500 non-refundable deposit is due within 2 weeks of your acceptance. This deposit is applied to the total program cost, and is necessary in order to secure your spot in the program. Additional payments and deposit deadlines will be outlined in your acceptance packet and program invoice. All funds must be received prior to your departure for the program abroad.

Can I use my financial aid to pay for my program?

Study Abroad Europe accepts most forms of financial aid as payment; however, Athena cannot issue or process financial aid. You must work with your home university's Financial Aid & Study Abroad Offices to coordinate the use of your financial aid award money.

How do I know if my university will allow me to use my financial aid?
You will need to speak with the study abroad office and/or financial aid office at your home institution for help in determining if your financial aid can be used.

If I withdraw, what kind of refund will I receive?
Please refer to the "Cancellation Policy" located on the program Application.

What type of transcript will I receive for my coursework abroad?

Included in the price of all programs is a transcript for your coursework abroad. For most programs, this transcript is one from the overseas university (included in the cost of the program).
For students whose home institutions will not accept credits reported on an overseas transcript, Study Abroad Europe can arrange for study abroad credits to be reported on a U.S. accredited transcript (for most programs this incurs an additional cost). Study Abroad Europe is proud to offer both options in order to ensure that all students will have an option that will allow for successful credit transfer to their home university. Please talk to a representative to ensure you receive the type of transcripts you need.

Do I need a passport?

All citizens of the United States are required to have a valid U.S. passport in order to enter a foreign country and to re-enter the U.S. Many countries also require that your passport be valid at least three months beyond the anticipated dates of your trip. You will also need a valid passport in order to obtain your visa, so it is important to apply for your passport early.

What is a visa?

A visa is a document that allows entry into and travel within a country, and is authorized by the government of your destination country. Please note that a visa does not take the place of a passport, but is needed in addition to a passport for most study abroad programs.

Do I need a visa?

Most programs require a visa to study abroad. You will receive detailed instructions in your acceptance packet outlining the requirements and procedures for obtaining your visa document.

Are courses offered in English, or do I need to know the language of the country abroad?

All programs offer courses in English. Some programs require students to enroll in one language course in order to facilitate a more authentic cultural immersion while taking English language electives. Full language immersion programs are available for students who have interest in gaining fluency while abroad.

I have more questions. How can I contact a representative?

There are many ways to reach a representative.
Phone:  718 710 0498
Times: Monday through Friday from 10AM - 5PM EST  


      Copyright Study Abroad in Europe. All Rights Reserved
Email a Study Abroad Advisor

This site uses cookies to improve your experience. Please read details at Terms and conditions.

OK, I accept